GPS Source, Inc., has an exciting career opportunity available for a talented, skilled, energetic and ambitious Senior Engineering Manager with strong technical AND leadership skills, particularly in the area of software development. In this role you will be a part of the executive management team, reporting directly to the CEO and will lead a team in the design of GPS and communication related products. As the Manager of Engineering, you will provide leadership and direction while creating and maintaining a positive, enjoyable, high morale, and highly motivated team environment with a focus on maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- Provide inspirational leadership, motivation and hands-on direction and coaching to all engineering staff.
- Cultivate a milestone-driven team culture with a sense of challenge, strong desire for accomplishment, contribution, appreciation & reward.
- Achieve and maintain a detailed understanding of product requirements, system architecture, and design details to enable and provide hands-on, well informed, technically sound management of resources and, together with project management, prioritization of day-to-day tasks.
- Work in unison with Chief Scientist to define and realize technical solutions for the product design.
- Develop, review, and adhere to project plans, including project resource plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work in unison with project management in a classical matrix organization to deliver products on time, on budget, and compliant to product requirements.
- Develop and guide junior engineers through mentoring in design knowledge and technique.
- Secure adequate design and development tools for project teams (e.g. training, software development & configuration management tools, test equipment, etc.).
- Enhance and ensure adherence to corporate product development processes.
- Report organizational and project status to executive team peers.
- Participate with GPS Source Executive Team in developing and refining business strategy during annual corporate planning process.
The following are the requirements for this position:
Leadership & Management Experience:
- Entrepreneurial Drive
- Extensive experience and/or training in leadership principles
- 10 to 15 years of experience working within a multi-disciplined product development team
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing software development projects
- 10 to 15 years of experience in software development, with
- 3 to 5 years of experience in embedded software design, and
- 3 to 5 years of experience in managing medium-to-large (e.g. > 10 engineers) software design teams in an agile development process
- Project Management skills, including scheduling and resource management.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with state-of-the-art software development tools and methodologies such as Agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum/Sprints.
- Possess general knowledge of mechanical, electrical, Industrial and systems engineering tools and processes.
- Possess general knowledge of product manufacturing process and procedures.
- Possess general knowledge of design documentation configuration management processes.
- Ability and desire to support limited technical interface with customer.
- Ability & desire to mentor Jr. Engineers.
- Knowledge of standard quality processes.
- Detailed knowledge of ‘C’, ‘C++’, and ‘C#’ programming language including use in embedded environments
- Detailed knowledge of embedded RTOS
- Embedded Linux experience preferred
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to build a positive and motivated working environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and understanding as it applies to management of an engineering organization.
- Experience with aerospace systems is strongly preferred.
- Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS) knowledge is preferred.
You MUST either possess or be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance for this role.
GPS Source, Inc., is proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, including, health, dental, vision, 401k, long term disability, paid time off, a relaxed work environment, and much more.
Relocation assistance is available for the right person.
GPS Source is a drug free workplace. A pre-employment drug test will be required.
GPS Source, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.