Primary Functional Area: Research & Development
Job Classification: Software Engineering
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
GPS Source is a growing and innovative division within General Dynamics Missions Systems. We are looking for a talented engineer to share our passion for our products and our customers. Our tight knit product development team needs an expert in Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) technology to help design, deliver and support first-to-market PNT solutions.
- Lead the embedded and real-time software personnel in all aspects of the design
- Develop detailed plans with resource schedules and guide product development to delight customers
- Define software architecture.
- Define/Capture project software development requirements.
- Follow the company’s engineering and quality processes.
- Develop software for embedded applications. Object-oriented principles are preferred.
- Estimate project software development effort and deliver on-time.
- Report progress using data and metrics.
- Actively find ways to innovate.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. An active Secret clearance is a plus.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. MS or PhD degree is a plus.
- 10+ years professional experience in software engineering and product development.
- Experience managing software teams.
- Demonstrated experience with embedded and real-time hardware environments.
- Software development in C/C++, OOP/OOD.
- Understanding of embedded bus structures, processing, and I/O and memory chipsets.
- Experience working with both DOD SW development standards and Agile Engineering practices.
- Cross functional collaboration and Product Development.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deep-dive analytical skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and clearly report relevant information.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and testing tools.
- Familiarity with quality standards for industry and government.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.