Detailed Job Description:
Assembler will hand solder electronic parts (both SMT and through hole type), tinning of components using solder pots and manufacture assemblies using drawings, Bill of Material (BOM) and written instructions. Work includes mechanically assembling products using torque tools and specific tooling required to assemble final top assemblies. Will be responsible for the manufacturing and test of all hardware on several product lines. Must be able to obtain, understand and follow written instructions to accomplish an assigned task, i.e., obtain prints, schematics and parts lists, and communicate within the department to correct errors and recommend improvements.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Trains other lower level assemblers to perform a variety of complicated tasks. Oversees, monitors, and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual member's and overall team's achievement of established goals. Ensures team's goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company's directive. Acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years as level II, or
- Related/equivalent work experience and a technical two-year degree, or
- Military training/experience in related field
- Ability to function as a Lead or Supervisor
- Requires MS Office (Excel and Word) proficiency
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Expectations Within 1 Year of Level III:
- Maintain IPC 610 and J-STD 001 certification
- Obtain Specialized Electronics Level 3 certification
- Complete required training by GPS Source, Inc.
- Solder Training
- Lean Manufacturing Training
- Leadership Training
- Demonstrate competence in training and certifications received
GPS Source provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.