Primary Functional Area: Research and Development
Job Classification: Mechanical Engineering
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Detailed Job Description:
GPS Source is a growing and innovative division within General Dynamics Missions Systems. We are looking for a talented engineer to share our passion for our products and our customers. Our tight knit product development team needs an expert in Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) technology to help design, deliver and support first-to-market PNT solutions.
- Design systems and meet all physical, functional and system requirements to delight customers.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Identify and resolve technical issues in the cross functional environment.
- Meet program timelines.
- Ensure compliance with accepted regulatory and industry quality processes.
- Lead the mechanical CAD Drafting personnel in all aspects of the design.
- Apply an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to product design and engineering leadership.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. An active Secret clearance is a plus.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. MS or PhD degree is a plus.
- 5+ years professional experience in systems architecture, engineering and product development.
- Detailed knowledge of Mechanical Engineering principles
- Demonstrated experience using mechanical engineering CAD tools. SolidWorks is preferred.
- Cross functional collaboration and Product Development
- Customer focus with strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deep-dive analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and clearly report relevant information.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and testing tools.
- Familiarity with quality standards for industry and government.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Experience with DoD or aerospace systems is required. PNT systems on Army ground vehicles is a plus.
- Design component housings/enclosures with various materials
- Write detailed test plans.
- Work directly with suppliers to develop products that meet the requirements.
- Conduct thermal analysis
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.