Senior Software Engineer
Leads SW development activities, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for GPS software systems developed by GPS Source and key SW development subcontractors. Monitors development of code and integration of software components into a fully functional software system (Applications are primarily military avionics and mission systems). Develops SW verification tools and oversees SW verification activities. Manages status and resolution of SW related non-conformities.
The Sr. SW Engineer will be responsible for defining software requirements, and is required to document and manage these requirements. The Sr. SW Engineer’s tasks include collaboration with systems engineering and with the Test and Evaluation team for traceability of software requirements and the verification of the requirements. The software will be developed in accordance with approved company processes and metrics (AS9100, DO-178). The software engineer will evaluate GPS Source SW development and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
Definition/Capture of project SW development requirements
Develops software development plans and resource-loaded schedules
Definition of SW architecture
Develops Object Oriented software for embedded applications
Define requirements for subcontractor SW development
Manage subcontractor SW development activities
Develops Verification Tools for automated testing of SW releases
Authors SW development process documentation is support of customer process requirements, for example:
- SW Development Plan (SDP),
- SW Requirements Spec (SRS),
- SW Test Reports,
- Software Test Description (STD),
- Software Test Plan (STP),
- SW Version Description (SVD, release notes), and
- SW Design Doc (SDD)
Coordinates team activities with program management, other engineering disciplines
Configuration Management for SW development
Understand and ensure compliance with DO-178 SW Development Process Requirements
Contributes to technical and cost proposals
Estimates project software development effort.
Reports SW development progress using written and oral communications
Minimum 10 years related professional experience.
2 years’ experience developing in embedded microprocessor and/or digital signal processor (DSP) hardware environments
Experience with software development in C/C++, OOP/OOD
RTOS is required (LINUX preferable)
2 years SVN or similar software version tool – preferred
2 years experience with Ethernet protocol stacks
Experience with tools such as WireShark
- BS, BA, or equivalent: Computer Science, or Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering with substantial software coursework.
- MS degree desired
- Experience working in DOD SW development environment and familiarity with DOD/Aviation SW Development quality processes (DO-178)
- Understanding of embedded bus structures, i.e. UARTS, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Must display good leadership qualities and ability to relate complex SW development concepts to external and internal customers.
- Must be a US Citizen; must be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, will be required to obtain an interim clearance within 6 months of document submittal
- Must work well and interact professionally in a team environment, which includes customers, government representatives, peers, and associates.
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience and detailed knowledge of the operation of GPS receivers strongly preferred
- Experience with IEEE-1588 strongly preferred.
A pre-employment Drug test will be required.
GPS Source, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.