Primary Functional Area: Research & Development
Job Classification: Systems Engineering - Technical Architectures and Fielding Solutions
Job Title: Senior Systems Architect
GPS Source is a growing and innovative division within General Dynamics Missions Systems. We are looking for a Senior Systems Architect to share our passion for our products and our customers. Our tight-knit product development team needs an expert in Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT) technology to help design, deliver and support first-to-market PNT solutions.
- Along with company leadership, develop a strategic technical vision (problem space) and define detailed technical architectures (solution space) for the PNT portfolio.
- Work with Product Management to identify customer needs and define a product roadmap.
- Work with the Chief Scientist to identify and drive innovative technical solutions.
- Work with the R&D Director to develop and maintain system architectures.
- Perform trade studies, performance analysis, requirements flow-down, and quality testing.
- Guide the systems engineering team to apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design,
develop, integrate and verify complex system solutions.
- Lead system validation including test execution, data analysis and discrepancy reporting for operational testing of hardware and software to ensure readiness for government testing and fielding.
- Implement solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Participate in Engineering Status Reviews as requested to ensure the strategy is in alignment with solutions and identify potential challenges.
- Contribute to the development of product specifications and requirements.\
- Contribute to the development of new theories and methods.
- Conduct market research to determine requirements for current and future products as well as potential partner relationships for the product
- Write RFP, RFI, White Paper content as requested, and provide critical reviews of proposal solution.
- Develop appropriate systems recommendations to meet customer needs, including system configurations, installation planning, etc.
- Prepare and present technical presentations regarding all aspects of company products
Key Technical Knowledge:
- Broad technical familiarity in military and commercial PNT systems
- Current and anticipated threats to PNT systems
- Countermeasures against Navigation Warfare (NAVWAR), Cyber, or Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Dependencies with other capabilities such as tactical communications, command & control, and targeting
- Integration with platforms, weapon systems and other systems that incorporate PNT
- DoDAF or other architecture frameworks
- Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA) principles as they relate to PNT platform integration
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. An active Secret clearance is a plus.
- MS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. PhD degree is a plus.
- 10+ years professional experience in systems architecture, engineering, and product development.
- Experience with DoD or aerospace systems is required. PNT systems on Army ground vehicles is a plus.
- Subject Matter Expert in at least one technical discipline and knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines.
- Strong use and understanding of system architecture concepts, principles, and theories.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deep-dive analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and clearly report relevant information.
- Strong understanding of project leadership and management principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and testing tools.
- Familiarity with quality standards for industry and government.
- Substantial knowledge of position, navigation, timing, and communication technologies.
- Familiarity with emerging PNT technologies from industry or academia.
- Understanding of:
- Signal processing
- Anti-jam antennas
- Global Satellite Navigation Systems (GNSS)
- M-code modernization
- Knowledge of hardware including radio frequency (RF) and digital components.
- Knowledge of software development on embedded processors.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.