Primary Functional Area: Research & Development
Job Classification: R&D – SW Development
Job Title: Software Engineer
Detailed Job Description:
Join our growing team and you’ll have the opportunity to build a career in an innovative company that is passionate about our products and our people. You’ll be an essential member of the software team, leading development activities, defining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for GPS software systems developed by GPS Source and key partners. Responsible for development of code and integration of software components into a fully functional software system (applications are primarily military avionics and mission systems).
As part of an agile research and development team, you will be responsible for defining, documenting, and deploying software throughout all engineering cycles including requirements, design, implementation, test and support. The software team collaborates with systems engineering and with the Test and Evaluation team for traceability of software requirements and the verification of the requirements. The software will be developed in accordance with approved company processes and metrics.
- Follows the software development process
- Develops Object Oriented software for embedded applications
- Estimates project software development effort.
- Reports SW development progress using written and oral communications.
- Actively finds way to innovate
- Must be a US Citizen; Active Secret clearance is desired. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- 3 to 8 years related professional experience:
- embedded microprocessor and/or digital signal processor (DSP) hardware environments
- software development in C/C++, OOP/OOD
- RTOS is required (Linux preferable)
- knowledge of Ethernet protocol stack and tools such as WireShark
- BS or equivalent: Computer Science or Engineering with substantial software coursework.
- MS degree desired.
- Experience working in DOD SW development environment and familiarity with AS9100 quality processes.
- Understanding of embedded bus structures, processing, and I/O like UART, SPI, and I2C
- Must work well and interact professionally in a team environment, which includes customers, government representatives, peers, and associates.
- Good English speaking and writing skills
- Experience and detailed knowledge of the operation of GPS receivers strongly preferred
- Experience with IEEE-1588 strongly preferred