Systems Engineer Job Description
GPS Source is a growing and innovative company looking for a systems engineer to share our passion for our products and our ultimate end user. The tight knit R&D group creates industry leading GPS products and solutions. The systems engineer will be a key member of the team analyzing, designing, validating and testing GPS signal distribution in key airborne and land based systems.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, integrate and verify complex system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define system functional/performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, program, and system interfaces.
- Identify and document system/subsystem functions, capabilities, behaviors, data flows, requirements, interfaces and designs to drive successful product development.
- Analyze requirements, design, and interfaces to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture, ensuring regulatory and system certification requirements are met.
- Perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties to track and verify quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Lead system validation including test execution, data analysis and discrepancy reporting for operational based testing of hardware and software products to ensure readiness for government testing and fielding.
- Support the planning, organization, implementation, and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Must be a US citizen, able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Active clearance preferred.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical discipline. Advanced degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated and progressing experience in the systems engineering discipline:
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Deep-dive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- System verification, qualification, and acceptance testing techniques.
- Detailed understanding of SW & HW Development Quality Processes.
- Able to identify and resolve technical issues in the cross functional environment.
- Able to meet program timelines, while also ensuring compliance with quality processes.
- Experience with military or aerospace systems is required.
- Substantial depth in communication and navigation systems is preferred.
- Global Satellite Navigation System (GNSS) knowledge is preferred.
- Familiarity with industry and government SW Development Quality Standards is preferred.
- Familiarity with AS9100 QMS is also preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and testing tools. Use of simulation software is a plus.